Introduction to the Netgear AC1200 Range Extender EX6150
- It helps increase the range of your wireless network by boosting the Wi-Fi signal from your existing router.
- It allows you to use the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands simultaneously to create a single high-speed connection for streaming videos HD or online gaming.
- It offers a maximum wireless data rate of 1200 Mbps, with up to 300 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- The device also has two external antennas to increase the range of your network.
- It works with any type of wifi router, gateway or wired modem.
- The setup process for the EX6150 is simple and can be done through a web browser or the Netgear Nighthawk app.
How to Setup Netgear EX6150 Range Extender
- Place the extender near your router and plug it into a power outlet. Wait until the Power LED indicator turns solid green.
- Connect your computer or mobile device to the extender’s WiFi network. The default network name (SSID) is “NETGEAR_EXT”
- Launch a web browser on the connected device and type “www.mywifiext.net” in the address bar.
- You’ll be prompted to log in to the extender. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” The setup wizard should appear automatically.
- If not, click “New Extender Setup” to start the wizard.
- The Create Account screen will be displayed. Enter the required information on the Create Account screen and click the NEXT button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the extender to your WiFi network.
- You’ll need to select the WiFi network you want to extend, enter the network’s password, and give the extender a new SSID and password.
- Once the extender is connected to your WiFi network, you’ll be prompted to move it to a new location. Place it about halfway between your router and the area where you need better WiFi coverage.
- Wait until the extender’s WiFi indicator LED turns solid green to indicate that it’s connected to your network and ready to use
That’s it! Your Netgear EX6150 Extender should now be set up and ready to improve your WiFi coverage.
Wps (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) Method
Here are the steps to use the WPS method to connect your range extender to your Wi-Fi network:
- Make sure that your router supports the WPS method.
- Place the range extender in the same room as the router.
- Plug the Range Extender into a power outlet and wait until the power indicator LED turns solid green.
- Press the WPS button on the Range Extender for 5 seconds until the WPS LED starts flashing.
- Then press the WPS button on your router.
- Wait until the WPS LED indicator on the Range Extender turns solid green to indicate that the Range Extender has successfully connected to the router.
- Place the Range Extender in the desired location and connect it.
- Wait until the network indicator LED on the Range Extender turns solid green.
- Connect your devices to the Range Extender’s network using the default Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password.
Note: If your router does not support the WPS method, you can also use the web browser setup method or the Netgear Nighthawk app to set up the range extender.